Thursday, January 07, 2010

Dive! Cribbage Board


IMG_6119
Originally uploaded by Zero-waste Design
In the last week in Dundee I managed to get round to doing something that has been plaguing me for about two years: a cribbage board from my friend Suzy. I had already drilled the holes and it took me a while to think up something to laser engrave. I eventually decided on a kind of 'field of shapes' thing given that the board was already punctuated by hundreds of circular holes.

It would have been much easier to engrave first, then drill but hey, sometimes things don't happen in the right order! I have put up the .svg for the layout on Thingiverse so that others can do it in the right order. And an instructable here.

There is significance in the name of this cribbage board, but it might take you a while to realise..

The image set is here
.

No comments: