Friday, September 18, 2009

Week one gone!

So what have I been up to? Many things, as usual, and not necessarily what I said I'd be up to.

More tests on the laser cutter, made up a template for running of samples of the effects of various settings on different materials:



Cut out a version of the Air Vane Motor mentioned earlier in the week, need a can o' air and to glue it together..

Laser cutting some airvane motors from Zero-waste Design on Vimeo.



Lots of thoughts put down in sketch form for:
a) methods of encoding
b) platforms for sharing
c) appropriate production processes
d) ideas for what to do with the air vane motor
e) ideas for reusing juice cartons
f) development of the Niftymitter joints
g) analogies for Ladyada's layers of source theory
h) analysis of my various starting points for designs in the past, and the possibilities now.

Nothing is that developed but will write stuff up as and when here. I have had a great week finding my feet, and still have a few inductions to go to, so think it will take some time, but am anxious to get my thinking on track, and decide what approach I'm going to take for the next 10 weeks.

And then I messed around with the Freeduino for a bit - a good bookend to Friday!

No comments: